cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caution about 15.0(1)M3 with FXO

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Another disappointing experience with software that has even been rated MD by Cisco.

I update from 12.4(22)YB6 to 15.0(1)M3. It is a  a 3825 CME with FXOs.

After that phones can't call out. I connect a CIPC, and notice that no audio is heard when calling out, moreover on incoming calls, caller-id is not recognized.

I downgrade to 2.4(22)YB8 and everything starts working fine again.

No configuration changes were made at any point.

2 Replies 2

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I just tested inbound and outbound calls on 15.0(1)M3 on an FXO and have no issues.  Audio in both directions for both inbound and outbound calls.  Calling number and name is delivered properly for inbound calls.

See attached for output/evidence.

Paolo, if you want to investigate this further feel free to open a TAC SR, but I'm not sure you're hitting a bug.  Or if it is a bug, it's not as widespread as your post alluded to, and there is something specific to your environment which caused it.

I do not affirm FXO doesn't work at all with 12.5(1). That would be just absurd.

But certainly it doesn't with this particular router, in the country (india btw) where it.

Now, when I was receiving no audio, I was VPN'ng with CIPC, that showed RTP packets being received normally.

User said instead they heard some kind of "all agents busy" message when calling from local phones- very strange as well.

What is sure, in my case, where 12.4 YB worked, 15.0 M failed with the same config.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: