Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM backup not responding

wissamnad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am trying to backup a CCM 5.1.3.4000-4 using "core FTP mini-sftp-server" and I tried also "FreeSSHd". There is full network reachability between the sftp server and the CCM but each time I start the backup it seems stuck and not responding as you can see in the file attached. I noticed that the IP of the CCM is appearing in the core FTP sofware (connections pane) once i press the start button for the backup and then it disappears. Did anyone encounter this issue before?

4 Replies 4

smsangola
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to do the backup using the CLI and here's the output, I would really appreciate any help:

admin:utils disaster_recovery backup network /Forum 10.182.14.163 cisco
Please enter password to connect to network server 10.182.14.163:*****
drfCliMsg: Backup initiated successfully. Please run 'utils disaster_recovery status backup' command to see the status

admin:utils disaster_recovery status backup
drfCliMsg: error occurred:

utils disaster_recovery show_backupfiles network /Forum 10.182.14.163 cisco
Please enter password to connect to network server 10.182.14.163:*****
drfCliMsg: error occurred:Unable to process request, master agent is busy

Could you restart the DRFMaster service?

You can get a sniffer trace to understand what happens. Usually when backup is configured, CUCM upload a very small test file, to check that permissions are correct.

Hi Nicolas,

Well yes that's me but i logged in by mistake with a different CSO

Yeah I can restart it and in fact i did it and even restart the whole cluster (pub and sub). I tried to copy some log files concerning an upgrade using sftp and it went just fine. The problem is, as my 1st post says, that the sftp software is able to catch a connection to the CUCM server for a while then its like rejecting it without giving a reason or an error message even in the CLI mode as u can see in my previous post. (I am using CUCM 5.1(3) )

Are you sure that the SFTP server is working correctly?

When the backup starts, you should see an attempt from CUCM to contact the backup server to upload /dUmmI_Drf. If this one fails, you may end up in a such situation.

- Has this backup worked before or has a configuration change been done?

- What do you see in the SFTP logs?

- Have you tried to delete the backup server configuration and to add it back, before to run the manual backup process again?

Regards,

Nicolas