Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 8.5su2 Change Integration With CUCM 8.x

ymalachi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i have a customer running cucm 7.1.5 and ccx 7.01su5.

i plan to upgrate the system to cucm 8.6 and ccx 8.5 .

i installed in VM enviroment CCX 8.5su2 and CUCM 8.6.2 for test in standalon configuration

purpose before the upgrade and configure exacly what was the CCX 7.01.

the CCX 8.5su2 is integrate with the CUCM 8.6.2 and works fine but i need in the end

to change the integration to the CCX to the proudation network after the upgrade to CUCM 8.6.2.

i look at the CCX admin guide 8.5.1 and found that we can do that :

Step 1

From the Unified CCX Administration menu bar, choose System > Cisco Unified CM Configuration.

The Cisco Unified CM Configuration web page opens.

Step 2

Click Change Unified CM Cluster icon that displays in the tool bar in the upper, left corner of the window to change the existing cluster setup for this server.

The Change CM Cluster dialog box opens.

Step 3

Use this dialog box to specify the following three mandatory fields. Step 1From the Unified CCX Administration menu bar, choose System > Cisco Unified CM Configuration.
The Cisco Unified CM Configuration web page opens.
Step 2

Click Change Unified CM Cluster icon that displays in the tool bar in the upper, left corner of the window to change the existing cluster setup for this server.
The Change CM Cluster dialog box opens.
Step 3Use this dialog box to specify the following three mandatory fields.

I login the ccx web page and follow the instruction but i don't the option of Change Unified CM Cluster fileld . it's gone

can i have the option to change the CCX integration with CUCM in the web page or not ?

Regards

Yaniv

4 Replies 4

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Yaniv,

Change CUCM cluster was available only with the UCCX 7.x series, this feature has been removed in 8.x series.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Hi Anand

thanks for the update ,

if so how can i change the integration of the ccx with the cucm ?

and also i belive that there is a mistake in cisco doc's regarding ccx change interfation with cucm.

i follow that link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/configuration/guide/uccx851ag.pdf

page 69

Hi Yaniv,

Yes, it looks to be a Doc defect, please go ahead and file it with the TAC.

However, incase if you are just changing the CUCM ip address with all the configurations in CUCM are intact, you can use the below set of commands in CLI.

set uccx provider ip axl

set uccx provider ip jtapi

set uccx provider ip rmcm

These command should only be used when the IP address of Unified CM has been changed and Unified CCX is being pointed to the new IP address.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/configuration/guide/uccx851cli.pdf

Note: If you need to point UCCX to entirely different CUCM cluster, I don't think its possible, but I would suggest you to contct Cisco TAC for the second opinion.

Hope it helps.

Please rate all the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers.

Thanks,

Anand

Hi anchoudh,

How can I change the AXL password, because I update the CUCM password and every time I tried to change it in UCCX doesn't work! why?