Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR Enabled Flag ?

MehmetKaya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Assume that I have one Publisher and 4 Supscriber in the Cluster. Is is enough to enable "CDR Enabled Flag" just on publisher.

All the subscribers have registered phones.

if ı enabled "CDR Enabled Flag" on publisher. is it enough or I have to enable this parameter on all subscriber which they have registered phones.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

No - CDRs are collected on the node that processes each call. In a 5-server cluster, the publisher will normally not process calls, so you will get very few CDRs.

You must enable the parameter on every node - note that the setting is not in a section of parameters with 'clusterwide' in the title.

Also consider enabling the setting to log 'CMRs' (statistics about QoS etc) and 'zero length calls'. Typically these are enabled as well. These two are cluserwide settings, slightly further down the page.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

No - CDRs are collected on the node that processes each call. In a 5-server cluster, the publisher will normally not process calls, so you will get very few CDRs.

You must enable the parameter on every node - note that the setting is not in a section of parameters with 'clusterwide' in the title.

Also consider enabling the setting to log 'CMRs' (statistics about QoS etc) and 'zero length calls'. Typically these are enabled as well. These two are cluserwide settings, slightly further down the page.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

Thanks very much for your quick response. I will enable cdr enabled flag on all nodes.

customer structure have two location. My aim is disable "CDR Log Calls with Zero Duration Flag" parameter. Do you advice to disable this parameter. So We dont want to take many cdr data. Is there any impact of disabling the "CDR Log Call with Zero Duration Flag". Or what will be affect of this process ?

Hi

Well - typically a zero length call  would have no cost, so it's not a problem if you are using CDRs for billing I guess.

You may want them to be logged for diagnostic purposes... it's up to your customer really. The default for the parameter is disabled I think.

Regards

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: