Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR Report signs for successful fax

benjaminiveagh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

What should I be looking for in the CDR report to tell whether a fax was successfully sent or not?

-Thanks!

Ben

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaca
Level 1
Level 1

There isn't much from CDR that will tell you if a fax was successful other than call duration and disconnect cause code. You'd need to run debugs on the gateway it's traversing to get a better idea.

I've had faxes sent out and state successful from the fax machine only to find out the receiving end is missing pages and getting lines through the images. Generally a visual inspection or watching the fax live from the gateway is the first step. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaca
Level 1
Level 1

There isn't much from CDR that will tell you if a fax was successful other than call duration and disconnect cause code. You'd need to run debugs on the gateway it's traversing to get a better idea.

I've had faxes sent out and state successful from the fax machine only to find out the receiving end is missing pages and getting lines through the images. Generally a visual inspection or watching the fax live from the gateway is the first step. 

Thanks for the reply!  For the series of faxes in question, I see the disconnectiononbehalfof code of "12" which I know means that the "device" was the mode of disconnect, but I didn't know if I could see if the disconnect reason, so to speak.