Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change default background in phone Firmware

Hi Everybody,

From : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/7_1_3/english/admin/guide/9971cus.html

I've seen that :

"The Cisco Unified IP Phone firmware includes a default background image. This image is not defined in the List.xml file. The default image is always the first image that appears in the Background Images menu on the phone."

I was wondering if there was a way to change the default background of an IP Phone, included in the phone Firmware.

One of my customer need to display the emergerncy number of the company... And it's mandatory that users cannot change the background...

If some one has a solution, I'll apreciate...

Kind Regards,

3 Replies 3

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am not sure whether its feasbile as its default image cannot be removed by designd, but one solutions which i can think of if its sounds good to you.

create a custom background image and apply to all phones of the company change the image of from phone to customer and lock the setting on each device ,

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Hi,

Is that possible to lock those options ?

I tough that it was't possible to lock user option like ringtone and background image....

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, that image is part of the FW itself.

For 89XX/99XX on CUCM 8.5+ you can change the background from CCMadmin. They need to be running FW 9.3+

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: