Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

change net config 7912 form web page

Hi,

I have some Cisco 7912 associated to a Call Manager 4: call control protocol is SCCP.

Many parameters are fixed (IP address, TFTP server, Call Manager server,...) and I want to set then as dynamic, so I'm investigating how to change in an efficient manner these parameters.

I want also to associate these phones to a new CUCM 9. The IP address of CUCM9 is different than CM4 one's.

I notice that:

- if I change only the DHCP flag to enable, a 7912 phone obatins the new TFTP server from DHCP configuration but it doesn't acquire the new Call Manager address so it registers on CM4;

- if I delete configuration from the phone (by the option in network configuration), the phone  obtains both the new TFTP server from DHCP configuration and the new Call Manager address so it registers on CM9.

Actually there isn't any password for 7912 phones so it is not possible to change network configuration from web page.

I know that is possible to set a password for 7912 phone by a file loaded on a TFTP server.

How could I upload by TFTP a configuration file from CM4 to 7912 phones with password?

Thanks in advance

Antonio

1 Reply 1

Hi Antonio.

A way to achieve this is to create a second Voice VLAN with a new subnet and new dhcp scope.

Than you can associate the new created Vlan to the switch port where IP Phone is connected.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"