Views
Helpful
Replies

Change phone language CallManager Express

juan.saez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a CallManager Express and I need to change the phone language from english to spanish. I can't find the file. I just fine locale installer for CallManager. Anyone can tell me how can change the language?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Juan,

Look at Step 1**

Localization Files

Cisco Unified CME provides internal localization support for 12 languages including English and 16 countries including the United States. User locales specify the language to use for text displays; network locales specify country-specific tones and cadences.

Prerequisites

Cisco Unified CME 4.0(2) or later versions.

You must create per-phone configuration files

Downloading Locale Files

Step 1 Go to http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/CME-Locale

Step 2 Select your version of Cisco Unified CME.

Step 3 Select the TAR file for the locale you want to install. Each TAR file contains locale files for a specific language and country and uses the following naming convention:

CME-locale-language_country-CMEversion

For example, CME-locale-de_DE-4.0.2-2.0 is German for Germany for Cisco Unified CME 4.0(2).

Step 4 Download the TAR file to a TFTP server that is accessible to the Cisco Unified CME router.

Step 5 Use the archive tar command to extract the files to flash, slot 0, or an external TFTP server.

Router# archive tar /xtract source-url flash:/file-url

For example, to extract the contents of CME-locale-de_DE-4.0.2-2.0.tar from TFTP server 192.168.1.1 to router flash memory, use this command:

Router# archive tar /xtract tftp://192.168.1.1/cme-locale-de_DE-4.0.2-2.0.tar flash:

Each phone type has a JAR file that uses the following naming convention:

language-phone-sccp.jar

For example, de-td-sccp.jar is for German on the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7970.

Each TAR file also includes the file g3-tones.xml for country-specific network tones and cadences.

Language - Spanish

Language Code - es

User-Locale Directory Name - Spanish_Spain

Country Code - ES

Network-Locale Directory Name - Spain

Step 7 If you store the locale files in flash or slot 0: on the Cisco Unified CME router, create a TFTP alias for the user locale (text displays) and network locale (tones) using this format:

Router(config)# tftp-server flash:/jar_file alias directory_name/td-sccp.jar

Router(config)# tftp-server flash:/g3-tones.xml alias directory_name/g3-tones.xml

Use the appropriate directory name and remove the two-letter language code from the JAR file name.

For example, the TFTP aliases for German and Germany for the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7970 are:

Router(config)# tftp-server flash:/de-td-sccp.jar alias German_Germany/td-sccp.jar

Router(config)# tftp-server flash:/g3-tones.xml alias Germany/g3-tones.xml

Step 8 If you store the locale files on an external TFTP server, create a directory under the TFTP root directory for each user and network locale.

For example, the user-locale directory for German and the network-locale directory for Germany for the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7970 are:

TFTP-Root/German_Germany/td-sccp.jar

TFTP-Root/Germany/g3-tones.xml

Step 9 For Russian and Japanese, you must copy the UTF8 dictionary file into flash to use special phrases.

Step 10 Assign the locales to phones. To set a default locale for all phones, use the user-locale and network-locale commands in telephony-service configuration mode.

Step 11 To support more than one user or network locale, see the "Multiple Locales Support" section.

Step 12 Use the create cnf-files command to rebuild the configuration files.

Step 13 Use the reset command to reset the phones and see the localized displays.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00806a7fe7.html#wp1087072

I had a look and the Spanish .tar (for CME 4.0.2) is at this link;

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/CME-Locale-402

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for your help.