Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC licensing

m.kedziora
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone please explain how CIPC licensing looks like in simple words?I was reading a lot and I have a little mess in my head right now.

1. I need to buy soft phone from cisco for every user? If yes, what about when someone leaves company and CIPC is deleted from CUCM?

2. How about an upgrade. Fo example I have 7.0 and I want to have 8.6? I need to buy some subscription to be able to upgrade to newest version?

Thanks in advanced for answer

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

if CIPC is being used as only Primary Phone for a user , then it would be Enhanced Licnese. If user has two devices assigned , then it would be enhanced plus.

if a user leaves the company, then, that user would be deleted from CUCM , hence , the licnese would get free.

regds,

aman

Thank you for a quick answer. How about CIPC as a soft? Do I need to buy it for every user who will be using CIPC?

Right now we have CIPC 7.0 and I`d like to upgrade it to 8.6. Do I need to buy something (subscription or soft)? Or I can just download it from Cisco site?

I tried to find this info but could not find about the upgrades.If anybody has inputs,please share.

what I suppose that there would be one RTU license along with CIPC client license equal to number of users.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: