Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2900 Configuration for Voice and Data

arichakrabarti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am configuring a single Cisco 2900 router with both Voice and Data. The IP Phones and the Desktops will be daisy chained.

I have seen several configuration guide which talks about how to configure  a switch and router for voice and data with the router configured with sub interfaces with the dot1q trunk with vlan info and vlan interfaces configured on the switches but don't see any documents that gives the scenario when its just a router with 8 GigE interfaces.

Do we create both sub-interfaces and VLAN interfaces in this router? I am configuring 192.168.1.0 as Data subnet and 192.168.2.0 as voice subnet.

Where do I configure the ip addresses here under the VLAN interfaces or Sub interfaces? I tried configuring the ip under the VLAN interfaces but it cant be pinged from outside. I configured the ip address under the sub-interfaces; the voice(ip phones) works fine but the the data(desktops connected to the ip phones) never gets an Ip address. The router is configured to provide dhcp ip addresses to both voice and data vlans.   

Appreciate any help in advance.

Regards,

Ari 

0 Replies 0