Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2911 H.323 Gateway + SRST

GUNGIT2012
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Here is a question about the H.323 Gateway+SRST.

The following is the configuration of Cisco 2911:

!
call-manager-fallback
 max-conferences 8 gain -6
 transfer-system full-consult
 ip source-address 10.161.241.123 port 2000
 max-ephones 50
 max-dn 100 octo-line
 system message primary FallBack Mode.CUCM Down.
 time-zone 8
 time-format 24
!

We also enable the SRST reference on CUCM 10.0 Device Pool. but it doesn't work after the CUCM/LAN is down. Can someone tell me how to register the IP Phone on gateway when the CUCM connection is disconnected.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the ip  10.161.241.123 on the router ? Whats the SRST reference IP add defined in CUCM?

From your phone device settings, can you see SRST option listed and confirm the value you see there. You can either check from Phone handset settings or by browsing to the ip address.

-Terry

Hi Terry,

10.161.241.123 is the ip address of gateway router, and the SRST reference IP add defined in CUCM is the same.

I have checked from phone setting and browsing to the ip address, but I didn't see any SRST option. our phone type is Cisco 7841

Thanks

ok that's correct. From your handset, go to settings, and i think from device configuration you can see it normally lists Active CM1, backup CM and SRST in the phone config (i dont have a phone or a console to tell you exactly where, but it should be some where in the phone settings you can browse).

If its not there, make sure for the device you are testing, it has the SRST reference there and is not disabled and device is in the correct device pool.

You can also try removing the config from router (copy the config onto a notepad)

no call-manager-fallback

and then paste it back.

You can test by either having a ACL or a null route to your voice servers. All servers have to be unreachable before the phones register to gateway.

During testing try taking some debugs : debug ephone keepalive/register

-Terry

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Phones send periodic 'hellos' to your servers that are in the call manager group of your phones (defined via devicepool) if your primary fails 3 hellos (30 secs apart off the top of my head) fails over to the second, if all of the CUCM servers fail to respond, it will fail over to SRST. Your SRST reference point should be 10.161.241.123 as per your config.

Run "debug ephone" on your srst router, when you fail the cucm's for testing purposes and see if the attempt to register.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.