cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6941 and Verint Voice Recording - SCCP Versions

andbel275
Level 1
Level 1

We are running some tests with Verint Voice Recording use Port Span to capture the signalling and media streams from some 6941 handsets. The firmware on the 6941s is 9-2-1-0 SCCP; the Verint Recorder is not picking up the information from the signalling streams associated with these handsets - the error message from Verint is that the firmware version if greater than 20 and as such is not supported.

7900 handsets work OK when used as a test replacement.

Looking at the Admin document for these handsets 8.5, 8.6 and 9.0 all state Version 20 as being used. Looking through Wireshark traces this does not seem to the case.

Looking for information as to whether Cisco have released a new version of SCCP greater than 20 for the 6900 handsets specifically. The 7900s are also on the 9-2-1 release aswell.

Thanks alot

Andrew

2 Replies 2

Daniel Gomez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Andrew,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I think I'm having exactly the same.

Verint does see an SCCP call but doesn't see any information about it. Firmware on the phones is 9.3

Any comments will be really appreciated.

Daniel G.

Daniel

Where we got to was that we were using 8.6.1 of CUCM which used V21 of the SCCP code for the 6941 w(equates to  firmware 9.2.1.0). In your case you might be on V22 which is 9.3.3 of the firmware.

We spoke to Verint and the version of Verint we were using at the time only had support for V20 of the code, this explains why it did not work for us. However they did have a pre-release patch available supporting the V21 release which we tried and this resolved the issue.

I would suggest that you ask Verint what version of the SCCP code they support up to in the release you are running and whether they have any patches available for later SCCP code versions.

Regards

Andrew