Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7811 Firmware upgrade issue and recent calls

Kevin Cabrera
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I've been banging my head for 2 weeks now and I can't seem to find an answer to all of my problems.

We have 40 pcs of Cisco 7811 and all of them is currently registered with my FreePBX.Problem #1 is I can't seem to upgrade its firmware. I've tried all available firmware upgrade for third party call manager including the latest release from cisco (25-APR-2017 release date). I'm trying to upgrade now from sip78xx.11-0-1-11 to sip78xx.11-0-0MPP-7

I can see on my TFTP logs that phone has successfully downloaded the firmware from TFTP but is unable to upgrade. I am getting this error message (see image 2) and it means from this site (see page 443) that : An internal phone error occurred during the download attempt; reset the phone to correct the issue. Which obviously didn't solve my problem. See attached SEP file.

My second problem is that there's no record of recent calls (missed call, dialed number, etc) on the phone at all! Is this something with my config?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

vianet.ca
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find an answer to this? I am having the same problem

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The main problem here is that you are on an Enterprise (CUCM) firmware, and you cannot go from Enterprise to 3PCC / MultiPlatform, you must have a 3rd Party Call Control phone like (CP-7841-3PCC-K9=), that comes with a 3pcc firmware and you can upgrade that to the latest multiplatform FW, (sip78xx.11-0-0MPP-7), and you can move to the Enterprise FW, but you cannot move from Enterprise to 3PCC / MultiPlatform.

HTH.

Christian Nuche.

Thank you!