Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7821 phone not registering with CUCM 10.0.1 from branch office

rajrinchu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

We are establishing a remote office with from CUCM 10.0.1   and SRST is working fine in branch. Facing issue with registering Cisco 7821 sip phone and all other sccp phone got registered in branch office. 

Phone status showing not registered always. But phone  is getting IP address  release from SRST router.We are using fortigate as the firewall between site to site VPN connection with any to any communication policy applied in the firewall part.

Please advise me to get this issue resolved....

4 Replies 4

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

You remote branch phones in normal operating mode will need to use sip to register to CUCM which acts a back to back user agent.  The phones must first pull from there initial configuration from CUCM before they register to the branch office SRST router.  The phone keep a heart beat to call CUCM server configured in there cucm group.

In order to register the first time the phones would need an option 150 point to a CUCM server running tftp to pull configuration.  

Ensure that in your SRST configuration you specify the router supports the 7821 and your configs are good in the route rand on cucm. 

You need an SRST SIP reference defined in CUCM and the configuration.  

Here is another similar post on the subject hopefully it helps you

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12272511/7821-srst-cucm-86-yes-or-no

Thanks Mr Gregory Brunn....

Let me try this configuration in SRST and will be updating  soon here.

Hi Mr Gregory Brunn....

Unfortunately I was not able to resolved this issue even after i done the changes based on the above link in STSR. Please find the attached running configuration  and advise me if anything is missing ....

Hi,

Can you share CUCM traces to see why your phone isn't getting registered. On you firewall make sure that SIP inspection is disabled in case this is misbehaving.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: