Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7821: switch from CUCM firmware to 3rd Party Call Control firmware

raziel78kain
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

we have a Cisco 7821, currently registered on a CUCM.

We would like to switch its firmware from the CUCM version to the 3rd Party Call Control version, to register the phone on another PBX.

What's the right procedure?

TIA and regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately if you are on enterprise firmware you cannot convert back or change to 3PCC firmware. You can only move from 3PCC to enterprise, but not from enterprise to 3PCC.

Upgrade from Third-Party Call Control to Enterprise Firmware

You can upgrade phones from the third-party call control firmware to the enterprise firmware.

Caution

After you upgrade to the enterprise firmware, you cannot revert to the third-party call control firmware.

Procedure
    Step 1   Put the enterprise image (for example, cmterm-78xx-sip.10-x-x-x.cop.sgn) on the download server.
    Step 2   Ensure that Enable_Enterprise_Image_Upgrade is set to yes on the Provisioning tab in the web page.
    Step 3   Configure the Upgrade Rule on the Provisioning tab.

Below link explains the same.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7800-series/3pcc/english/release-notes/PA2D_BK_7C8E9902_00_7800-series-3pcc-rn-1031.html

JB

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jitender Bhandari
    Cisco Employee
    Cisco Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately if you are on enterprise firmware you cannot convert back or change to 3PCC firmware. You can only move from 3PCC to enterprise, but not from enterprise to 3PCC.

Upgrade from Third-Party Call Control to Enterprise Firmware

You can upgrade phones from the third-party call control firmware to the enterprise firmware.

Caution

After you upgrade to the enterprise firmware, you cannot revert to the third-party call control firmware.

Procedure
      Step 1   Put the enterprise image (for example, cmterm-78xx-sip.10-x-x-x.cop.sgn) on the download server.
      Step 2   Ensure that Enable_Enterprise_Image_Upgrade is set to yes on the Provisioning tab in the web page.
      Step 3   Configure the Upgrade Rule on the Provisioning tab.

Below link explains the same.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7800-series/3pcc/english/release-notes/PA2D_BK_7C8E9902_00_7800-series-3pcc-rn-1031.html

JB

Hello Jitender,

thanks for your answer.

So, do we have to buy a Cisco 7821 with a factory preloaded 3PCC firmware?

Regards.

Hi,

that's correct you will have to by one with pre-loded 3pcc firmware.

JB

Hello,

I've found the 3PCC version of this phone it on the CCW:

CP-7821-3PCC-K9=

Regards.

In version 11 of the 3PCC software, I can't find a way to change the firmware to an enterprise version. The enable enterprise image upgrade option is no longer available. 

Help

Cisco does not support converting MPP Phones to firmware for use with CUCM and other Cisco call control. And Cisco does not support converting CUCM or Cisco call control supported phones to MPP firmware.

This is clear on the datasheet: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-8800-series/datasheet-c78-738030.html

Regards,

David Kelly, Product Manager, MPP

Why is the Enable_Enterprise_Image_Upgrade missing in 11.x?  I have purchased some MPP phones that I use to be able to upgrade back to enterprise, but no longer can. WHy?  What's the work around?  the MPP phones cost more, so why not allow this?  I got MPP phones because stock was low with the others that I usually get.

The option has been removed, you can no longer do that.

If you want a formal answer as to why that was removed, you will need to work with your SE to get it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
      Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: