cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7841 2nd call on new line button

PintoIslam
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of switching our phone system to CUCM. I am testing and trying to determine which phone model to use for our enterprise. I've got a 8841 and 7841 to play with. Both supports 4 lines. On the 8841, I can configure 1 DN, when a call comes in, it rings on the first line, when a 2nd call comes in, it will ring on the 2nd line button, keeping each call separate and giving you a visual where each call is.

When I use the same setting on 7841, when 1st call comes in , it will ring on the first line. However when the 2nd call comes in, display will show the new call, you can answer it, but it will still be on the same first line. Unlike the 8841, the 2nd call is not on the 2nd line button. Thus 2 calls are not on separate lines, rather on same line, that you have to toggle between. I've updated the phone to the latest load with no luck of changing that. Does anyone know how to make 7841 work same way as 8841?

I am testing this on CUCM 12.0.1.21900-7

Thanks for any suggestion you might have.

2 Replies 2

Always use prime line setting, is it true ? Then make it false.

Response Signature

I tried setting " Always Use Prime Line" to both on and off. No changes in behavior in 7841.