cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7900- How to set an admin password

JesseSanchez125
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 7962 IP Phone running SCCP and when you press Settings->Network Configuration->IPv4 configuration-> I can press **# to unlock the settings and make changes. I understand there is a way to password protect this. Can anyone please tell me how to set this password?

Thanks in advanced

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is set on CUCM Administration through the Common Phone Profile assigned to the phone.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is set on CUCM Administration through the Common Phone Profile assigned to the phone.

Thanks for the info, can I set that from the command line?  Do you have a link you can point me to with instructions?

Thanks again.

You can control whether a phone has access to the Settings menu or to options on this menu by using the Settings Access field in the CUCM Admin Phone Configuration window.

The Settings Access field accept below values:

Enabled—Allows access to the Settings menu.
Disabled—Prevents access to the Settings menu.
Restricted—Allows access to the User Preferences menu and allows volume changes to be saved.Prevents access to other options on the Settings menu

Hope this helps. 

Regards

Abhay

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Here you are: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100_chapter_01010011.html