cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7937 Conf Unit won't get an IP

G3261
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, just wondering if anyone can suggest solution for my problem----I have 7937 conf unit which will not get an IP address!!! I have tried switching ports on the switch where is connected to, tried plugging into same port where a cisco 7942 working (gets an IP). I have checked IP pool on voice router and it has spare IPs, tried doing factory reset on the device few times...no luck

Vlan information is correct on this unit but IP address field is empty. If I take this unit to different cluster, it works fine. Any ideas? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you tell me the DHCP configuration?

if you have access to the DHCP enabled router  check the following

IF your DHCP Router in different place make sure " Ip dhcp helper-address command on your side"  and, under DHCP settings  " default router " ip is correct.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Aadhil Salim
Level 1
Level 1

what is the status msg showing in the ip phone? is it brand new phone?

After I plug-in, phone only shows Cisco logo and 3 solid RED lights. It is not a new device but it was working fine at the same location. As I mentioned above, same device works fine when I take it to different cluster. For testing purpose, I unplugged this device from the wall port and plugged-in a 7942 phone.....phone didn't get the IP either. So, it seems there is some issue on dhcp and I don't know what to check? Thanks

Can you tell me the DHCP configuration?

if you have access to the DHCP enabled router  check the following

IF your DHCP Router in different place make sure " Ip dhcp helper-address command on your side"  and, under DHCP settings  " default router " ip is correct.

test

ip dhcp pool IP_Phones
   network 192.168.XX.0 255.255.255.XXX
   default-router 192.168.XX.126 (Please check with your R&S team i think IP must be your voice router IP ) 
   option 150 ip 192.168.XX.250

well..it looks like we are out of IPs. Thanks for your help

great.. :)

just a quick question to ask you...if I have this command on voice router

ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.XX.105 192.168.XX.126

there are 21 IPs reserve for this purpose. Is there anyway I can take away some IPs for phones and PCs? I mean add these IPs to different pool. Thanks for your help today
!

I think it's possible but this is not a good practice.

But you can configure those ip statically