cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7937 Conference Phone (That Key is not active here)

miraj_ar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am facing a problem in cisco 7937. Rightnow my phone is working on DHCP but i want to give static IP on that. but when i press option button one application menu opens with the options

1. Messeges

2. Setting

3. Servcies.

when i select the option two for setting phone give me option That key is not active here. i also check setting in call manager setting access is already enable there. please help me out to resolve this issue. i will be very thank full.

regards,

Fahad

10 Replies 10

abukuru95
Level 3
Level 3

hello,

try going to the phone configuration page.At the bottom, you have an option to enable settings button.

then check the option to overide common settings.

this may help.

rate if this helps.

good luck

pjallipalli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Fahad,

Can you please confirm the image on the device is the latest? which version of  CUCM are you using? I had a similar situation, downloaded and installed the latest image( was 1.2 upgraded to 1.4) from csco and issue was resolved. CUCM version is 8.x

Hello,

As reported in this topic we cannot access Settings on 7937 conference phone, even with latest fw apps37sccp.1-4-4-0 and settings allowed on device.

I need to adjust ringtone and speaker volume, but when the call ends the settings are lost.

Is there a solution ?

Thanks,

JC

Hi Jean-Christophe,

I have the same issue, have you any update on it?

Best regards,

Matthieu

Hi,

No more information. I think Polycom and Cisco have a very basic cooperation.

The 7937 is an expensive device, however for such a price only audio is included, not audio controls...

JC.

Hi JC, Matthieu, Fahad,

This is a defect:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCto96639

7937 multi-level administration not working

Symptom:
7937 unable to access settings even though on  device level it is configured to allow access with 'override common  settings' enabled.

Conditions:
trying to do multi-level administration of phone specific features for 7937

Workaround:
do not use multi-level administration, configure only on the device.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

Hello,

I don't understand what to do. What do you mean by Muti-Level administration ?

I've played with

JC,

Just to add some more details about that defect:

On device level set 'Settings Access' to 'enabled' with 'override common settings' checked
On 'Enterprise Phone Configuration' level set 'Settings Access' to 'disabled' with 'override common settings' checked

>> phone is not able to access device settings. 

expected result: device should be able to access device settings as device level should take precedence.

HTH.

Regards,
Harmit.

Don't the 7937's have a web-based config meaning you http to the phone for configs like this (i.e. static addressing)?

Solved with firmware 1.4(5) released on 01-AUG-2013