Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7941 stuck in upgrade process

dgera2006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I did  factory default on Cisco 7941 using 1234567890*# but after booting it got stuck in upgrade process. I can see only Mac-address and the Cisco Logo on the screen. It stuck in the upgrade process.

I was trying to upgrade the phone firware to 9-1-2SR1 . CUCM ver is 8.5.1.26

Can someone help please !!.

Thanks

Raj

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Was DHCP in place??

And the FW in the TFTP the DHCP is pointing to??

If the answer to any of the above is no, you might just bricked that phone.

There is no reason to do a factory reset for a FW upgrade.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

Thanks for your reply . Yes  DHCP was in place and TFTP was pointing to DHCP server... I have plugged my laptop to the phone and it's getting IP address from the phone vlan.

Well I had to do factory default on the phone because it was hung , was't  registering to CUCM and wasn't showing any callmanager information in Device information, I deleted the phone from CUCM database few times and re-configured it but didn't help , so had to do a factory default.

I understand it doesn't make any sense to factory default on the phone to upgrade it.  I think the issue here is that Phone isn't seeing TFTP for some reasons and not upgrading it. What you think?

Thanks

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: