Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7960 Un-provisioned question

Darren Preuss
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ladies and gents,

I have a question please.

I am using CME 7 and setting up a network to test VoIP.

I have only ever configured CIPC and never a "real" phone.  I have correctly configured the VLAN for Voice including the Option 150 statement for the tftp-server (the CME).

The phone has received the correct network details however it reports on the display that it is "UN-PROVISIONED". 

I have added the firmware and alias to the flash:/Phones directory of the router.  The firmware that i have added is P0030801SR02 and POS3-8-12-00.

After reading other similar issues within the community I have debugged TFTP and can see numerous entries of the phone requesting "SIP001120B4DF2.CNF".  I understand that the file it is seeking is the configuration file and relates to SIP and the phone MAC address.

I am a little unsure about the whole CNF file thing.  All i know is that I do not have a CNF file for the phone. 

Additional to this the phone is not attempting to register with the CME when i execute "Show ephones" or "Show ephone attempted-registration"

If i run "create cnf" it says the clocks are not synchronised.

When i ensure the LOADS 7960-7940 xxx.loads is entered it says updating the CNF for 7940 and 7960.

Do i need to upload/create a default CNF file for the phone?

Sorry that it is a bit wordy wordy however I have tried to include as much detail as possible.

Thank you in advance

Daz

CCNA, CCNA (Voice),
3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your phones are running SIP image. Search forum and/or documentation for how to convert to SCCP.

Thank you Paolo,

That has worked a treat.

CCNA, CCNA (Voice),

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: