Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7961 - SIP TCP and Domain Registration

andharri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Got a tricky one here, I will try to explain as best I can! I have a Cisco 7961 which up until a few days ago was happily connected to a CUCM running a SCCP image. I would now like to connect this phone to a hosted phone system over the Internet running SIP (I know this unsupported, but hey I like a challenge).

Because it is a multi tenant provider the SIP Register message must be "user@domain" not "user@ip_address" or I get a domain not found message. The phone system itself seems to support SIP over UDP, however from many different articles it seems that most, if not all the SIP images have issues with UDP and I see this in packet captures where the phone received an auth challenge and essentially ignores it.

What I am looking for is a working configuration that uses a) TCP SIP and b) SIP Registration to user@domain. I have tried various 8.x and 9.x versions with no luck.

8.x I can get the user@domain to work by not using the "USECALLMANAGER" tag on the individual line, but no matter what I try I cannot force it onto TCP

9.x always uses TCP however if I use the "USECALLMANAGER" tag on the individual line it always registers user@ip_address, and if I put the actual proxy in the line configuration it doesn't attempt to register

Many thanks!

Andy

1 Reply 1

andharri
Level 1
Level 1

Annoying bump!