cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7970G Phone SCCP SEP<MAC>.cnf.xml example?

cbpapi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently upgraded the SCCP firmware of my 7970G phone to the latest version 9.2(3). I am not using CUCM for the time being, as I use it at my home with elastix, so I upgraded the firmware using a TFTP server. The problem is that since firmware version 8.3, Cisco probably has changed the SEP<MAC>.cnf.xml file format, as my phone does not recognise it anymore, although it did until around 8.2. The status message states "Error Verifying Config Info".

I would not bother about the file as my phone registers just fine, but I need it to make the appropriate changes to the backlight timeout settings.

Could someone be kind enough to provide me with a sample SEP<MAC>.cnf.xml file from their CUCM server?

I hope my request doesn't violate the Cisco forum TOA.

Regards,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you sure the phone firmware upgraded?  You cannot go directly from 8.3 to 9.2 as you require intermediate version, you can find many threads on this topic here.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you sure the phone firmware upgraded?  You cannot go directly from 8.3 to 9.2 as you require intermediate version, you can find many threads on this topic here.

HTH,

Chris

It turns out I had made a tiny mistake in the configuration file. Thanks for your time though!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: