cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8851 slow response

max.netadmin
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a weired issue with one cisco 8851 phone.  It has a few lines and its got a headset connected via aux port and a bluetooth mobile (samsung) paired as well.  The phone started lagging recently. When the user clicks on new call it takes a few seconds for the new call screen to come up. Sometimes about 10 seconds. When the person hangs up the call it takes about the same time.  overall the UI is very slow.  When i reboot the phone it fixes the problem but it starts happening in a few days.  I cant find anything online about this issue.

Thank you,

Usman.

5 Replies 5

Can you disable the Bluetooth pairing and see if the issue persists? I see several bugs related to headsets/accessories on this device.

Thanks,

FG

Thank you Francisco for the quick response.  I will try it and let you know.  It does take a few days to get to this level of slowness so please dont mind my slow response.  

However just for your information the Bluetooth phone has been connected to this cisco 8851 since day 1 and the user never complained. He has been using it for 1 year and the problem recently started happening.  The only change we have made in the system is rolling out extension mobility recently.

Usman.

Hi Usman,

It definitely sounds like a device specific thing, maybe a memory leak (since it takes days of gradually getting slower). TAC will most likely have you upgrade the firmware and then RMA it if it still persists.

Keep me posted.

Thanks,

FG

Robert Rhodes
Level 1
Level 1

Old thread but I saw no answer. My customer has experienced this as well and we found that EnergyWise had been enabled on the phones but not on the underlying network infrastructure. Review your phone's console logs for "EWClient" entries. Ensure that no EnergyWise Domain is set and that "Allow EnergyWise Overrides" is enabled (tick the checkbox) if you are not using it. These settings can be changed individually in the product specific configuration layout or system wide in the common phone profile. This resolved the issue for my customer.

lukabe
Level 1
Level 1

we're replacing all of our SCCP phones with the SIP phones, basically going to 8811, 8845, and 8851's. Been getting complaints from users of having a slow user interaction when trying to dial or answer multiple calls when compared to the old SCCP 8945 or 7942 phones.... what can i check... i have tried modifying the ui and no avail....