cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8861 firmware update

Sisco88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, I have a Cisco 8861 that I just purchased and the company said it was a multiplatform firmware phone, but it looks like it isn't. I have a 3rd party PBX that i'm using. We have CUCM at work, so i was wondering if there was a way to update the firmware to move it over to the multiplatform firmware or not? If so, whats the easiest way to do it? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is a method, but there might be an associated cost for the FW migration as there is a one time use license that is required for the migration in either direction, and it's not really meant for ordering/shipping mishaps, it's meant for people who want to re-use their existing phones because they are on-prem customers looking to migrate to cloud, or viceversa.

On your scenario if it's a brand new phone and they messed up and shipped the wrong model, the course of action is for the vendor to solve this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Call the vendor and discuss this with them, that either you accidentally ordered the wrong PN and you need a MPP/3PCC device, or they sent you a phone with enterprise FW when you asked for an MPP/3PCC device.

HTH

java

Thanks Jamie! I did reach out to them and let them know that they sent me the wrong one. I saw on, i thought Cisco's website, that you could push a firmware update to switch it over to a MPP/3PCC device. But i may have been wrong. Figured if I could do that, then i would just get our admin at work to update it for me, and i would be set to go. But if I can't do that, then I'll make sure they send me the correct one, or refund me for it.

Thanks!

There is a method, but there might be an associated cost for the FW migration as there is a one time use license that is required for the migration in either direction, and it's not really meant for ordering/shipping mishaps, it's meant for people who want to re-use their existing phones because they are on-prem customers looking to migrate to cloud, or viceversa.

On your scenario if it's a brand new phone and they messed up and shipped the wrong model, the course of action is for the vendor to solve this.

HTH

java

Ah ok. Makes sense. This one was actually off ebay. It was a used phone. I wanted an updated phone from my current one and one that had more lines so add a couple of numbers. So this was the cheapest option. But I wish I had double checked what the PID numbers meant before I trusted what the listing said. I will have them refund me and send the phone back and order a different one. Tried ordering a couple off amazon as well, but a day or so after I placed the orders, they came back and said the item was unavailable and cancelled my orders. :( Can't win for losing it seems lol. Thanks again for the quick replies!