Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8945 Slow response

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We have just noticed a very strange behaviour with our 8945 Phones (SIP).When pressing the settings or directory button it takes about 10 secs to get to the appropriate screen.Answering calls and using the phone are fine.

We are running 9.4(2)SR2 with CUCM 10.5(2)SU3.A power boot cures the issue and our 99xx and 79xx phones are not affected.

Was wandering if anyone had seen something similar.I am assuming a memory leak of some kind probably

cheers

Mark

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are the other phone models at the same location? 

Is the delay consistent or only occurring at some times?

Are the phones pulling proper DNS server from their DHCP scope?

Hi chris , It seems to affect all 8945's regardless of location.and is consistent until the phone is rebooted.. We have been running the 8945 for quite a while and did an upgrade back in April from 10.5(1)Su1a to 10.5(2)SU3 which is when the firmware upgrade appeared.

Given that its only occurring on the 8945 phones and all the 99xx and 79 xx phone are fine I can't help thinking its an undocumented feature :-).I'll monitor it and see what happens.

Does the problem go away when you downgrade to previous or another older firmware? If this is consistent across single models across different locations and started occurring after the upgrade we can safely assume this may be firmware related which would not be the first time :-)

Having done some further investigation , it does seem to be firmware related . we have tried going back to 9-4-1 on the phones that have the problem the most and it stops.I think its something to do with our network scanner exploiting security defects in the code.

9-4-2SR3 has just come out which includes numerous openssl fixes so we're going to try that.

As an update it looks to be something to do with a security product called forescout which does network scans. As part of this it tries to login to the phone via http.Not isolated the exact issue yet but turning of web access on the phones seems to cure the issue . Interestingly it fails on 9-4-2SR3 and SR2 but 9-4-1 seems unaffected by it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: