cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9971 and VPN on CUCME 9.1

tonypearce1
Level 3
Level 3

I'm trying to locate a configuration guide for how to configure VPN on a 9971 phone when using a CUCME system.

This is for my home-lab so can play with this any which way. I have Anyconnect on a ISR.

I assumed, there would be VPN options under the phones menu, however there is nothing that relates to VPN. So, do I need to enable this from CUCME or do I need to configure it fully under CUCME?

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

tonypearce1
Level 3
Level 3

Has anyone any ideas how to enable the VPN client application on this device? I cannot see any documentation as to this.

Thanks,

You need to create a common phone profile that points to a VPN profile and group.  Also need to configure a VPN gateway.  This is what I have done on 8.5.1

Hi thanks for the reply. Is this documented anywhere i.e. any guides I can follow to complete this?

Any configuration you could share would be helpful but no worries if not. I know where the common phone profile is so will us the context help to see if that sheds any light..

As far as I can see the vpn profile and group are for SCCP Skinny phones and not the 9971 SIP phone...

I also had to enable the security license on my router to activate the VPN config, but I cannot apply this to the "voice register pool" ephone equivalent config...

Any other suggestions anyone?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: