cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco and Third-party SIP phones and features

edguidry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, purchased a SNOM for demo purposes and have it registered via SIP to CUCM 10.5. 

Basic call completion, transfers, hold work fine.  But what is important to us is the ability to have a shared line residing on the 3rd-party SIP device and Cisco 88xx SIP phones.   For example, when a call is placed from the 3rd-party device to an arbitrary Cisco phone, the Cisco phone shared line does light RED.  But we are unable to take control of the call from the Cisco phone (i didn't try putting call on 4rd-party device on hold first. will try that).  Working with the 3rd-party vendor is proving to be limited.  I have the impression from comments that the PBX (Cisco) is responsible for this control which I tend to agree with.  

Another feature is MoH, works when Cisco end put call on hold, but not when 3rd-party device puts call on hold.

Any thoughts or prior experience to share is appreciated.

Thanks

Eddie 

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

when you say control a shared line that is already on a call, I assume you are referring to the shared line barge function that exists on cisco phones.  

I am not sure if that actually works on non-cisco phones, both on the other hand in terms of SIP this is probably based on re-INVITES. so send use the call traces and we'll have a squiz.

cheers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks for the input.  We would want the ability for a user of the cordless 3rd-party SIP phone to be able to walk to a Cisco desk phone with the same shared line, put the call on hold on the cordless and press the corresponding line on the Cisco desk phone and continue the call.   And vice versa.

hello, did you resolve your issue?