cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ATA 190 Bug Fix CSCuu50356

jefferymitchell
Level 1
Level 1

When the call is disconnected by the device to which the ATA 190 is talking to the ATA plays out a continuous busy tone. Cisco ATA 190 has the latest software version ATA190.1-2-1-004 installed and is configured in Cisco Unified Communication Manager Ver 9.1.2.  I found the link below which indicates that there has been 5 tickets opened and none closed.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuu50356/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Anybody got a fix?

27 Replies 27

Tijuanach,

I have updated the firmware for the ATA190 to ver 1.2.2. Where in the phone setup did you find the "Mute Progress Tone" option. Can you send me a screen shot?

1. In CM, go to Device > Phone > Phone Configuration

2. In the Product Specific Configuration Layout section, find the Mute Progress Tone field.

3. Choose On to mute all progress tones.

4. Click Save and Apply Config to apply your changes.

I've attached a screenshot.

It must be the version of CUCM that you are using. That gives that option.. I'm using Ver 9.1.2.12900-11. What version are you using?

I'm running version 11. We just recently upgraded. This option is also in version 9.1.2.

When you updated the firmware, did you install both the QED and COP files? New parameters (Mute Progress Tone) were added to the QED file in release 1.2.2.

Oh maybe that's the problem. I only uploaded the COP. I'll go back and upload the QED. I'll let you know.

Tijuanach,

You were right. I had to upload both files. I now see the option in cucm phone configuration. "Mute progress tone". I was having a problem with the receiver hearing the sender immediately when call was answered. Then after call terminated there was a busy tone for an extended period of time before call would end. This upgrade to 1.2.2 resolved this issue. Again both files had to be uploaded to get the option present in cucm. 

Thanks! Glad I could help!

I was having the same issue, I was able to resolved it by lowering all the way down the knob button for "VOX DELAY" directly on the TAMB

Hope this helps someone.

Thank you

This appears to have worked for me.  I inadvertently upgraded all my ATA190s with an upgrade to 9.1.2 and a device pack upgrade.

I ended up setting the "Mute Progress Tone" option to "On" and with a couple t est pages, there's no longer a fast busy.

Hopefully 1.2.2 is more stable than 1.1.2, which required a reboot every few months.

What version of Call Manager are you running?

Call manager 9.1.2 and device pack 9.1.2.16140-1.

See attachment for mute progress tone option in device settings page.

When we call into the ata 190, the tamb2 answers after 1 ring, I get the reply tone from the tamb2.  We have not been able to pass audio from the ATA 190 into the TAMB2.  The Tamb2 is feeding the FXS line into a DFT120 which is basically a digital recorder.  I have been working with Cisco TAC to no avail.  Has anyone seen a similar issue?

Ellen Kennedy
Level 1
Level 1

ATA190 & ATA191 same problem.  Tried multiple firmware, "Mute Progress Tone" on and off, nothing works.

The elevator box is the device initiating the call and the "operator" (7841) would be the one ending the call.

If I tell the operator to dial *# when she wants to end the call instead of actually putting the handset down, everything's fine.  Otherwise, we get the re-order tone.

Board behind the elevator device is a Rath Microtech.  I checked to see if there were any dip switches that I could toggle on this device and didn't find anything.

Anyone have any luck with this?