Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ATA 192 Not Receiving another call after one inbound call

jzeglin
Level 1
Level 1

Hope someone can help.

We have followed the setup instructions for the ATA192, we can make outbound calls with no issues. We can receive 1 call, but cannot receive another call for around 10-15 minutes. The line goes straight to voicemail, the line status on the ATA GUI page is showing the line is not active. It just seems it is not sending the disconnect message on incoming calls telling RingCentral the incoming call is complete. We can make an outbound call and receive a call afterwards, which is the strange issue.

I've also found these errors in the logs, I believe it has something to do with the BYE message:

ATA192-MPP local1.err vsock: RTP_LIB: librtp_wait_for_rtcpbyemsg():548: librtp_wait_for_rtcpbyemsg Failed to recv RTCP BYE from CSS and time out happened

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I figured out the issue. It has to do something with RingCentral's call waiting option. I have it turned off on their portal and the option deselected in the ATA. I turned it back on in their portal and now calls are able to go through back to back.

I don't know why this is causing much of a hiccup in the system, I may have to call them about it.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Hi,

Are you using the ATA with MPP software or CUCM registered?

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Not using either. Just have analog phones connected to the ATA.

In some way , you need to connect it to a call control system such as CUCM or Sip Proxy.

How did you configured it?

Regards

Carlo

I currently use RingCentral. They gave me SIP credentials to enter in. It shows it is connected on their end, making calls is no problem. It is connected to their SIP proxy with the details they've provided me.

So the answer is, you are using a 3PCC or MPP firmware.

Please change SIP Transport to UDP and retry.

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Changing to UDP gives registration failures. They require TCP or TLS.

Ok .

Can you send me some screenshot of your config?

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

I figured out the issue. It has to do something with RingCentral's call waiting option. I have it turned off on their portal and the option deselected in the ATA. I turned it back on in their portal and now calls are able to go through back to back.

I don't know why this is causing much of a hiccup in the system, I may have to call them about it.

Thank you for providing your solution here! It helps folks later on who search for similar issues.

Maren

Hi,

Glad to know you solved your issue.

Please keep updated this post with further details once you have .

Regards

Carlo