Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Call Waiting with announcement and notification

nithin louis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

We have an IP telephony setup running on CUCM version 10.5.Our client has new requirement which is mentioned below.Client don't have Unity.

For example User A using IP Phone which is registered on CUCM.If someone call User A and if User A is busy on other call then calling party get to know that User A is  busy on another call and he is in waiting.

The same time User A needs to get a notification that second incoming call is coming on his IP Phone.

I know native queue which can provide the announcement but it wont give  any missed call alerts.(ie why we are not going with that)

Thanks & Regards

Nithin.

5 Replies 5

Hi Nithin,

That kind of feature (send a email notification when a user is busy) is not native on CUCM, that means you will need at least Cisco Unity Express or UCCX (Cisco Contact Center Express) to get it done.

Regards

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, we nothing to do what you're asking, the calling party won't receive any kind of notification whether user is simply not answering, or on another call.

You'll see the call in the phone as it comes, and depending on your config, you'll get a tone for notification, assuming they're below the busy trigger for the line. That's an extremely common thing, I'm amazed you haven't seen that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HI Jaime,

Thanks for your comments.

Can  we simply configure like that if the user is busy ,the calling party needs to get some announcement that user is busy  and at the same time IP Phones users gets to know that he is getting second incoming call when he is busy.

I know that Native queuing will provide the "Announcement" for the calling party when users are busy ...But in our scenario if the calling party disconnects the call while on queuing we will not get any records like missed calls or voice mail ...

Regards

Nithin Louis.

I already explained we have NOTHING to do what you're asking, we have no means to play/announce/show to the calling party you're on a call when you call them. And that YOU, will get the call to show on the phone, have you tried it?????

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

if you set Busy trigger=1 on the line then busy announcement will be worked..