Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Card EVM-HD-8FXS/DID Compatibility inquiry

Mohamed Sh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco Router 2911/K9  that has EVM-HD-8FXS/DID Card installed with EM-HDA-3FXS/4FXO and EM-HDA-6FXO  daughtercards.

Now i want to upgrade my router and as i followed the cisco replacement path i found that C8200-1N-4T is the replacement  but this router does not support the mentioned cards. 

Can anyone advice me what new models router supports these cards or how to know which routers support them (  Website or tool to check for compatibility)

Thank You

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From what I know those cards are not supported in any other router models than ISR 29xx and 39xx. If you want analog ports on the currently sold router option, ie the Catalyst 8K family, you'd need to look for the available card types that are applicable for that platform. For the 8K platform that would from what I can tell be various network modules (NIM) or service modules (SM), where the SMs offer the higher density options. You can find more information at this link All Unified Communications Products - Communications Gateways 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

From what I know those cards are not supported in any other router models than ISR 29xx and 39xx. If you want analog ports on the currently sold router option, ie the Catalyst 8K family, you'd need to look for the available card types that are applicable for that platform. For the 8K platform that would from what I can tell be various network modules (NIM) or service modules (SM), where the SMs offer the higher density options. You can find more information at this link All Unified Communications Products - Communications Gateways 

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Thank you for your help

Regards.