Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CCM upgrade from 7.1.1 to 7.1.5 causing extension mobility issue

deepali.shinde
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

We upgraded our Call Manager ( MCS7835H2 ) publisher and subscriber from version 7.1.1 to 7.1.5 , after which we configured 7911 for extension mobility and we try to login to the phone , get the error " No services Configured" .

The 7911 and 7962 phones which were configured for extension mobility before upgrade , are working fine and the users are able to login and logout of the phones after the upgrade without any issue.

The problem is after upgrade , when we try configuring  7911 and 7962 for extension mobility , and it just doesnt work and when we try logging into the phone ,we get the error "No services configured" . We restarted the Extension Mobility service under Service Parameters and also restarted the Publisher and Subscriber , but the problem still exists.

Any suggestions to resolve this issue /workaround would be appreciated.

Thanks

D

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you log in, and don't get the EM service listed when you press 'Services', it's usually that you haven't subscribed the 'Device Profile' to the EM service. You must subscribe the physical phone, and the device profile to the service.

If you had this before, it may have been lost in the upgrade - but that I suspect would be a very well known bug.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

shalushar
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Deepali,

Please go through the below steps and the video mentioned below on Extension Mobility

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/ask-the-expert/blog/2011/06/29/video-extension-mobility-on-cucm-7x

1-Using Cisco Unified Serviceability, choose Tools > Service Activation to activate the Cisco Extension Mobility service.

2- Create the Cisco Extension Mobility Service.  

Summary steps include

* Choose Device > Device Settings > Phone Services.

* Enter the service name (such as, Extension Mobility Service or EM).

* Enter the following URL: http://

server>:8080/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#

3- Create a default device profile for each phone type that you want to support Cisco Extension Mobility.

4- Create the user device profile for a user.

Summary steps include

* Choose Device > Device Settings >Device Profile and click Add New.

* Remember to associated the Extension Mobility service as well

5- Associate a user device profile to a user.

Summary steps include

* Choose User Management > End User and click Add New; enter user information.

6- Configure and subscribe Cisco Unified IP Phone and user device profile to Cisco Extension Mobility.

Summary steps include

* Subscribe the phone and the user device profile to Cisco Extension Mobility.

* Choose Device > Phone and click Add New.

* On the Phone Configuration window, in Extension Information, check Enable Extension Mobility.

Hope this helps.

Tx,

Shalu

Thanks Shalu. I have followed all the steps that has been mentioned and still see that the services are not enabled on the phone.Still continue to get the error "No services configured" .

If I login to the 7911 phone that was configured for extension mobility prior to upgrade , I can login with the device profile that I created recently. So there is no problem with the device profile created as well.

Thanks

D

The issue was resolved by Cisco TAC. The issue was with the switch port , though IP Phone was coming up fine, the port had CRC and input errors.

After changing to a different port , Extension mobility is working fine.

Sharing the link, which the TAC engineer has shared.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080093e72.shtml#trbl-1

Services returns "No services Configured..." - Check the services for the phone or user profile selected. Also, ensure that voice VLAN is configured correctly.

Hi All,

I know it doesn't make sense to reply after 3 yrs.

But today I was hitting my head to walls from the morning almost 3 hrs to configure EM successfully on 10.5.

Having configured EM through yrs not facing any issue like this what happened today..but suddenly went through this case...it clicked surprisingly..all other models except 7962 was showing "No Services Configured".....just did a hard reset it started working :)

Regards

Narayan