Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP-8941 as a SIP client

Petr Filipi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear girls, guys.

I use two Astra 6757i phones as clients for calling with the Czech SIP provider called Odorik . I wanted to change both of this phones, so I have bought the older phones Cisco CP-8941. I expected, that i will just set the www address of Odorik, port, username, password and finished. But there are no these records in my phones. It seems, that both of phones are configured for any other service.

Is there a way, please, how to change the servise in my phones to SIP? I have downloaded many SGN files, but how can I transfer them to the phones?

Many thanks for your answers and sorry for my English.

Petr Filipi

The Czech Republic

3 Replies 3

You need to load the Sip firmware. 

Have look on below link, mentioned phone models  are  69XX.

https://en.58voip.com/convert-cisco-6921-6941-6961-phone-sccp-sip-protocol/

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Anything aside from the 68xx, 78xx and 88xx in the 3PCC/MPP variant are devices that are meant to be used with Cisco call control. They don't have a configuration GUI, they're not configurable via the device itself (buttons and menus) and expect to receive ALL the configuration from a Cisco call control agent via .xml files.

You have two options, send that phone back and get yourself a 3PCC/MPP device which has a configuration GUI to make things "easier" OR search CSC and the internet for posts related to Cisco endpoints registration to 3rd party PBX to understand what would be required to get a phone with enterprise FW to register with a 3rd party PBX (if the post is related to 3PCC/MPP it's not applicable to you).

The topic has been discussed hundreds of times, so there's a lot of reference material at CSC and the internet.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Petr Filipi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear guys, many thanks.

Petr Filipi

The Czech Republic