Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Cube LineSide Configuration

Jason Ryan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am walking through the guide for the Cube line side setup.

However, Im missing some of the commands from my router (Cisco 2921 with UC license installed).

For instance, I do not have the option of:

voice service voip

extension cucm

or

voice-ctl-file

My global voice config is:

voice service voip
 mode border-element license capacity 25
 allow-connections h323 to h323
 allow-connections h323 to sip
 allow-connections sip to h323
 allow-connections sip to sip
 sip

Show cube status:

CUBE-Version : 9.0
SW-Version : 15.2.4.M6a, Platform CISCO2921/K9
HA-Type : none
Licensed-Capacity : 25

What am I missing to activate this?

Jason Ryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason

As per document below :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_interop/configuration/15-mt/cube-interop-15-mt-book/voi-cucm-lineside.html

Feature Name

Releases

Feature Information

Simplified Line-Side Support of CUCM on CUBE

15.4(2)T

Cisco IOS XE Release 3.12S

The Simplified Line-Side Support of CUCM on CUBE feature simplifies the complex CUBE configurations required for registering IP Phones on a CUCM through CUBE using a single CLI that automatically applies all the necessary configurations.

The following commands were modified by this feature: extension cucm and voice-class sip extension cucm.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Line-Side Support

15.3(3)M

Cisco IOS XE Release 3.10S

The Cisco Unified Communications Manager Line-Side Support feature provides line-side support for Cisco Unified Communications Manager and IP phones deployed on different logical networks, in both cloud-based and premise-based deployments.

The following commands were introduced or modified: access-securecapf-addressclear voice phone-proxy all-sessionscomplete (ctl file)ctl-file (phone proxy)debug voice phone-proxydescription (ctl file)description (phone proxy)disable service-settingsmax-concurrent-sessionsphone-proxy (dial peer)port-rangerecord-entryshow voice class ctl-fileshow voice class phone-proxyservice-mapsession-timeouttftp-server address,voice-ctl-filevoice-phone-proxy.

Seems like you are running below the minimum version requirement for this feature.

Regards

Aditya Gupta

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason

As per document below :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_interop/configuration/15-mt/cube-interop-15-mt-book/voi-cucm-lineside.html

Feature Name

Releases

Feature Information

Simplified Line-Side Support of CUCM on CUBE

15.4(2)T

Cisco IOS XE Release 3.12S

The Simplified Line-Side Support of CUCM on CUBE feature simplifies the complex CUBE configurations required for registering IP Phones on a CUCM through CUBE using a single CLI that automatically applies all the necessary configurations.

The following commands were modified by this feature: extension cucm and voice-class sip extension cucm.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Line-Side Support

15.3(3)M

Cisco IOS XE Release 3.10S

The Cisco Unified Communications Manager Line-Side Support feature provides line-side support for Cisco Unified Communications Manager and IP phones deployed on different logical networks, in both cloud-based and premise-based deployments.

The following commands were introduced or modified: access-securecapf-addressclear voice phone-proxy all-sessionscomplete (ctl file)ctl-file (phone proxy)debug voice phone-proxydescription (ctl file)description (phone proxy)disable service-settingsmax-concurrent-sessionsphone-proxy (dial peer)port-rangerecord-entryshow voice class ctl-fileshow voice class phone-proxyservice-mapsession-timeouttftp-server address,voice-ctl-filevoice-phone-proxy.

Seems like you are running below the minimum version requirement for this feature.

Regards

Aditya Gupta

Hi Aditya,

Very useful information (+5) for me too as I was looking for it.

Thanks

Vivek

Hi Aditya,

I did see that at the bottom of the guide, though I read it as saying they simplified the setup in the that OS but not necessarily added it in that one. 

Ill upgrade the OS and give it a shot.

Thanks

Jason Ryan

Aditya,

I updated to 15.4 as mentioned and the commands were there.

Thanks for the help.

Jason Ryan

martyn.rees
Level 4
Level 4

If possible, I'd be interested in seeing your final config if you manage to get it working, along with what handsets you get working.

I haven't seen it working in any attempts made, and there doesn't seem to be much TAC knowledge to provide support on it either.