Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Cube LineSide Configuration

Jason Ryan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am walking through the guide for the Cube line side setup.

However, Im missing some of the commands from my router (Cisco 2921 with UC license installed).

For instance, I do not have the option of:

voice service voip

extension cucm

or

voice-ctl-file

My global voice config is:

voice service voip
 mode border-element license capacity 25
 allow-connections h323 to h323
 allow-connections h323 to sip
 allow-connections sip to h323
 allow-connections sip to sip
 sip

Show cube status:

CUBE-Version : 9.0
SW-Version : 15.2.4.M6a, Platform CISCO2921/K9
HA-Type : none
Licensed-Capacity : 25

What am I missing to activate this?

Jason Ryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason

As per document below :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_interop/configuration/15-mt/cube-interop-15-mt-book/voi-cucm-lineside.html

Feature Name

Releases

Feature Information

Simplified Line-Side Support of CUCM on CUBE

15.4(2)T

Cisco IOS XE Release 3.12S

The Simplified Line-Side Support of CUCM on CUBE feature simplifies the complex CUBE configurations required for registering IP Phones on a CUCM through CUBE using a single CLI that automatically applies all the necessary configurations.

The following commands were modified by this feature: extension cucm and voice-class sip extension cucm.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Line-Side Support

15.3(3)M

Cisco IOS XE Release 3.10S

The Cisco Unified Communications Manager Line-Side Support feature provides line-side support for Cisco Unified Communications Manager and IP phones deployed on different logical networks, in both cloud-based and premise-based deployments.

The following commands were introduced or modified: access-securecapf-addressclear voice phone-proxy all-sessionscomplete (ctl file)ctl-file (phone proxy)debug voice phone-proxydescription (ctl file)description (phone proxy)disable service-settingsmax-concurrent-sessionsphone-proxy (dial peer)port-rangerecord-entryshow voice class ctl-fileshow voice class phone-proxyservice-mapsession-timeouttftp-server address,voice-ctl-filevoice-phone-proxy.

Seems like you are running below the minimum version requirement for this feature.

Regards

Aditya Gupta

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason

As per document below :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_interop/configuration/15-mt/cube-interop-15-mt-book/voi-cucm-lineside.html

Feature Name

Releases

Feature Information

Simplified Line-Side Support of CUCM on CUBE

15.4(2)T

Cisco IOS XE Release 3.12S

The Simplified Line-Side Support of CUCM on CUBE feature simplifies the complex CUBE configurations required for registering IP Phones on a CUCM through CUBE using a single CLI that automatically applies all the necessary configurations.

The following commands were modified by this feature: extension cucm and voice-class sip extension cucm.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Line-Side Support

15.3(3)M

Cisco IOS XE Release 3.10S

The Cisco Unified Communications Manager Line-Side Support feature provides line-side support for Cisco Unified Communications Manager and IP phones deployed on different logical networks, in both cloud-based and premise-based deployments.

The following commands were introduced or modified: access-securecapf-addressclear voice phone-proxy all-sessionscomplete (ctl file)ctl-file (phone proxy)debug voice phone-proxydescription (ctl file)description (phone proxy)disable service-settingsmax-concurrent-sessionsphone-proxy (dial peer)port-rangerecord-entryshow voice class ctl-fileshow voice class phone-proxyservice-mapsession-timeouttftp-server address,voice-ctl-filevoice-phone-proxy.

Seems like you are running below the minimum version requirement for this feature.

Regards

Aditya Gupta

Hi Aditya,

Very useful information (+5) for me too as I was looking for it.

Thanks

Vivek

Hi Aditya,

I did see that at the bottom of the guide, though I read it as saying they simplified the setup in the that OS but not necessarily added it in that one. 

Ill upgrade the OS and give it a shot.

Thanks

Jason Ryan

Aditya,

I updated to 15.4 as mentioned and the commands were there.

Thanks for the help.

Jason Ryan

martyn.rees
Level 4
Level 4

If possible, I'd be interested in seeing your final config if you manage to get it working, along with what handsets you get working.

I haven't seen it working in any attempts made, and there doesn't seem to be much TAC knowledge to provide support on it either.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: