Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUCM 11.5 - show risdb query phone on different nodes

marco_81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

executing -show risdb query phone- command on two subscribers (node1 and node2 of the same cluster) , at the same time, i get this:

###########################################################################

Both for node1 and node2 ;)

DeviceName, Descr, Ipaddr, Ipv6addr, Ipv4Attr, Ipv6Attr, MACaddr, RegStatus, PhoneProtocol, DeviceModel, HTTPsupport, #regAttempts, prodId, username, seq#, RegStatusChg TimeStamp, IpAddrType, LoadId, ActiveLoadId, InactiveLoadId, ReqLoadId, DnldServer, DnldStatus, DnldFailReason, LastActTimeStamp, Perfmon Object

###########################################################################

Node 1:

SEP00506006FBB0, Description, 172.24.24.182, , 0, 0, 00506006FBB0, reg, SIP, 626, yes, 0, 513, NoUserId, 58, 1530430219, 1, , TC7.3.9.b938c8e, , , , 0, , 1530430219, 2

############################################################################

Node 2:
SEP00506006FBB0, Description, 172.24.24.182, , 0, 0, 00506006FBB0, unr, SIP, 626, yes, 0, 513, NoUserId, 64, 1530430219, 1, , TC7.3.9.b938c8e, , , , 0, , 1530430219, 2

#############################################################################

As i can see the same device appears in the output of both nodes, maybe because a registration switch occured, anyway i didn't go through SDL analisys. The only changes between those output is seq#. Is there a way to understand which is the newer event between those two? I need to report the realtime situation about device registration by means of CLI command, and i cannot understand if device switched reg->unr or unr->reg.

regards

3 Replies 3

tyroneclark871
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would suggest you check which node the phone is registered to - either on the phone or through a web browser to the phone itself.

james_rink
Level 1
Level 1

If your CM Group is configured with minimally two CM servers which in turn is assigned to the device pool of the phone.  Although the phone will always register to two subscribers, the primary (node 1) and alternate (node 2) subscribers, it will only actively communicate with the primary subscriber.  You will see the same phone on both subscribers which correspond to the subscribers in the CM Group. 

You can use the following command(s)

• show risdb query
  • show risdb query phoneextn phone

These need to be run on each cucm server. It will display the phones registered to that server and there ip addresses. You can export the result to excel, sort/filter values out, and remove duplicate entries.

rpagaduan
Level 1
Level 1

This thread is a little old, but I wanted to add some information in case anyone else is still looking for it.

The status is current at the time you ran the command.  If the phone appears on two servers, it is because it is currently registered on one server (which will show "reg" at the time you ran the command) but was registered to the other server at some point in the past (which will show "unr" at the time you ran the command).  The field "RegStatusChg TimeStamp" will tell you when the change of registration occurred.  It is shown in number string format, which you can change in Excel if you import it as a csv file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: