cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUCM 8.5.1 Database Communication Error

barrymcnally
Level 1
Level 1

Today we shutdown our publisher to move it's position in the rack. We shutdown via the Menus in OS Admin. On bringing it back up we got a Database Communication Error when trying to login to to CCM administration or serviceability. 

After a bit of digging we have found via the CLI that the A Cisco DB service is not running. We tried to start manually but with no success. I have restarted the box but still get the same error. At the moment our Extension Mobility URL's are pointing to the Publisher and it won't let me change it to subscriber when logging into Subscriber and changing the URLs within Phone Services. So this means our users will not be able to login come Monday morning.

To compound matters I have just checked our backups and they have not been running for 8 months. Any time I try to run manually or check scheduler or History I get Unable to send network request to master agent. This may be due to Master or Local Agent being down  message.

I have raised TAC case but not heard yet and starting to panic that we are goosed.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Barry,

I hope to have someone from TAC to look into the database directly however if you could check solution2 mentioned in this below thread might help (if not performed), let me know if this help in order to recover from communication error.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-27232

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: