Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUCM 8.6 license upgrade issue to 11.5

tmammadov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
i have problem about my CUCM11.5 license. last week i upgraded my cucm from 8.6 to 11.5.  when i contact license team for upgrade my CUCM license they said me: 

"You may need to get in touch with our Contract Team and ask them to add the licenses to a Contract so we can upgrade them to 11."

Then i contact Contract team and they said that: 

"Please note that for provided hardware serial# QCI1111111 itself does not have IB records in our database (CCW-R and CMRC)."
i have CUCM 8.6 license PAK and when i want to reguest to smart account with our company domain syytem said that " this domain identifier already exist.
I dont know what can i do in this situation for solve this problem.

2 Replies 2

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi

This is a mayor upgrade and you have to buy (upgrade) licenses for 11.X or you must have a contract which gives you the right for mayor upgrades

In general it is better to have the licenses issue solved before you upgrade, otherwise you run a 60 days demo license

JH

eric.ahernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hey man,

It's just as JH said, it's better to prepare the license upgrade plan beforehand, otherwise you're on the clock for the 60 days grace period.

You need to have SWSS Contract on your CUCM which allows for upgrades, if you do you have to place the order through the Product Upgrade Tool if I remember correctly, so that u can get entitlement for latest CUCM upgrades. Then you need to share the SO number (after u place order through PUT with licensing team) to get PLM  licenses.

The other option is to buy the upgrade licenses you need, you can use the License Count Utility tool to get all the licensing info (be sure to install all your unused licenses before this) and with that you can ask someone from Sales to help you out in ordering the upgrade licensing you need.