Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Finesse issue

In our Customer Setup we have Cisco Unified Contact Center with Nice Interaction Management,

Recently we have installed Nice Screen Agent  -an application which is capturing the Agent's Screen on desktop,

in some time the agent get an Error as below:-

CONNECTION LOST TO  XXXXXX.XXXXX.COM. Please wait for a reachable Finesse Server to be found....

and in some other time above Error pop-up and after 8-10 seconds,  Reconnected Successfully message appears.

if any one knows about the above issue, what will the route cause, help me out.

Thanks & Regards

Purushothama BV

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please note that the Browser on which agents launch Finesse Desktop connects to the Cisco Unified CCX Notification Service and till the time this connection is up, Finesse Desktop will keep working. Below is the flow how all it works:

Cisco Unified CCX Notification Service connects to the Cisco Tomcat running on UCCX which in turns connect to the CCX Engine. Till the time, this chain is ok Finesse Desktop will keep working. The moment this chain breaks Finesse Desktop will lose its connection but as soon as CCX Engine fails over to the other active node, it in turns inform Cisco Tomcat about the new active node that in turn inform Cisco Unified CCX Notification Service which then ultimately inform the Browser on which the agent is running Finesse Desktop about the new server where it needs to connect now. Since you network team had pinned the issue down to the Nice Screen Agent application, I will suggest you to do below:

Rather than having this for all the agents globally, assign this application at the Team level itself and exclude one or more teams as per your convenience and see if the issue indeed goes away. If it does, then it will confirm that your IT team is right and then you can work with TAC in order to get it implemented the correct way in case if it had not been as of now.

If the issue still remains there for the agents who belong to the teams for which the application had been removed, then also you should contact TAC so that they can collect logs and t/s this effectively to find the root cause for this issue. But as mentioned in my previous post as well, what all you are experiencing there is majorly because of network issues. Hence, it is very important that you double check all your network related things before opening a TAC case.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This error mainly happens when the Finesse Desktop is losing connectivity to the Finesse Server. This can happen mainly because of below reasons:

1) Network connectivity issues with the PC itself on which Finesse Desktop had been launched

2) Issues on the Finesse Server itself causing the PC hosting Finesse Desktop to lose connection.

Couple of things to check:

# Make sure there are no network issues in your environment and that applies to all the below scenarios:

a) Connectivity to the PC itself

b) Connectivity between the PC and Finesse server

c) Connectivity issues with the Finesse server itself

## Make sure that the Revers and Forward DNS entries are resolving fine for all the Finesse servers in the cluster. Run a utils diagnose test from the CLI to check this

## Make sure that the NTP and Replication is in place

## Check if the LRO is disabled on the ESXi host that you have used to install the Finesse application

Regards

Deepak

Dear Depak,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions,

As per our network team,  saying that,  due to installation of Nice Screen Agent Application, this will cause this issue, and they are point out that using this application this issue arise... once the we stop this Nice Screen Agent services this issue will not arise...

can i request you one more help...

I request you to please elaborate the consequences for the actual causes,

when the Agent Desktop frequently goes hang status in Cisco Finesse and timer also Freezes..

randomly connection Lost and Reconnect Successfully pop-up, some times in coming calls for agents are also stopping.

i am tried all the possibilities from my end, still i m in big confusion... blank.... customer is asking

for the Solution dead line given 25.03.2016 EOD.

i request you to kindly look into it.

Thanks & Regards

Purushothama BV

Please note that the Browser on which agents launch Finesse Desktop connects to the Cisco Unified CCX Notification Service and till the time this connection is up, Finesse Desktop will keep working. Below is the flow how all it works:

Cisco Unified CCX Notification Service connects to the Cisco Tomcat running on UCCX which in turns connect to the CCX Engine. Till the time, this chain is ok Finesse Desktop will keep working. The moment this chain breaks Finesse Desktop will lose its connection but as soon as CCX Engine fails over to the other active node, it in turns inform Cisco Tomcat about the new active node that in turn inform Cisco Unified CCX Notification Service which then ultimately inform the Browser on which the agent is running Finesse Desktop about the new server where it needs to connect now. Since you network team had pinned the issue down to the Nice Screen Agent application, I will suggest you to do below:

Rather than having this for all the agents globally, assign this application at the Team level itself and exclude one or more teams as per your convenience and see if the issue indeed goes away. If it does, then it will confirm that your IT team is right and then you can work with TAC in order to get it implemented the correct way in case if it had not been as of now.

If the issue still remains there for the agents who belong to the teams for which the application had been removed, then also you should contact TAC so that they can collect logs and t/s this effectively to find the root cause for this issue. But as mentioned in my previous post as well, what all you are experiencing there is majorly because of network issues. Hence, it is very important that you double check all your network related things before opening a TAC case.

Regards

Deepak

Dear Deepak,

Once again Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Thanks & Regards

Purushothama BV

No issues Purushothama, please remember to rate helpful posts and mark as Answered where applicable

Regards

Deepak

Dear Depak,

i have testing out Agents that, they should Logged in with the Finesse Secondary Server IP for taking the  calls, past two days, Agents are taking the calls there is no disturbances for call, but when the Agent are in the Break, viz Lunch, short break, about 10 -15 mints, that time when agent change the AUXs status, that time, AUX tab will become buferring like hang, only in this instances Lost connection pop-up... it will be there for an 3 to 5 seconds, after that, Reconnect  Successfully message pop, afterwards, Agents are able to change the AUX status...

in this scenarios, what could be cause,

i request you to kindly look into it, help.

Thanks & Regards

Purushothama BV