Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator 8.6.2.0 crashes

cirber10_
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have problems with Cisco IP Communicator. Sometimes the program crashes and apparently all is all right. Fortunately rarely happens. I'm working with CIPC 8.6.2.0 and CUCM 8.6.2.25900-8.

I attach a log file from Error Reporting Tool.

The fail occurred yesterday 2016/09/26 and the user told me that occurred at 16:26.
I have revised the log and in that time I can see errors from apparently seems Java. Someone could tell me the reason for this problem?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Cirber

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As per the problem report the CIPC seems to be losing connection with CUCM prior to the crash/reset. Can you check if there are any other PC's running CIPC that are facing the same issue? If yes then you may compare the config of the working and affected PC's and try disabling the extra apps/functions to test it.

Manish

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As per the problem report the CIPC seems to be losing connection with CUCM prior to the crash/reset. Can you check if there are any other PC's running CIPC that are facing the same issue? If yes then you may compare the config of the working and affected PC's and try disabling the extra apps/functions to test it.

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your response and your speed.

This PC belongs to our Contact Center department. There 134 PC, all of them with the same version of CIPC. We haven't noticed any probel in the netowrk. Any idea?

Regards,

Cirber

Hi Cirber,

If the issue is seen only with one PC then you can check the switchport config and for any errors on the switchport / interface through which it talks to cucm. There is a possibility of any internal app on the PC that may be causing this issue , you may be required to do a fresh install of the OS and start adding the apps one by one to monitor what is causing this issue.

Manish

Hi Manish,

We're talking with our network department. I'll come back with an answer.

Thank you.

Cirber

Hi Manish,

It's seems that as you said we have network problems. In the CIPC logs we detected the line that you were talking and we showed this to our network department.

Day Date Time:   DET : (  3244) -VM| main|cip.sccp.SccpEnhancedAlarmInfo:setLastDeregistrationReason - new reason=LastTimeSCCPKeepaliveFailure current=

Day Date Time:   SIG : (  3244) main|cip.sccp.SccpEnhancedAlarmInfo:setLastDeregistrationReason - new reason=LastTimeSCCPKeepaliveFailure current=

They detected errors in switches where agents are connected. Specically in the queues configuration. No packet marked with dscp criticial (voice) was dropped but some packets marked with dscp normal (data and keepalive packets) were dropped.

Now we are working together to change the thresholds from queues.

Thanks for your replies.

Cirber