Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO IP Communicator Issues

April Molina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I would like to request for assistance. We are experiencing CISCO IP Communicator issues (CISCO IP Communicator version 7.0) wherein it cannot be installed in a laptop that is using Windows Vista and an error message appears that says that there is no compatible sound devices on this computer. I tried to download Realtek and installed it on my office mate's laptop but the same problem appears. Also, it is showing CM Down features disabled. I managed to download this IP Communicator error message in pdf file (pls see attached) and I am confused on the part to use a USB Headset that is recognized by the IP Communicator.... does this only mean using a USB Headset alone? how about a headset port, will that work?Also, do we really need to upgrade to the latest version of IP Communicator? because in other laptops and PCs the IP Communicator works fine. Finally, if the IP Communicator works fine in installing in a laptop or PC, does it automatically upgrade each time there is a new version of the IP Communicator or do we need to re-install it to upgrade to a new version?

The CISCO IP Communicator has been provided by our supplier and we still don't have a license to get the newer version

I hope for your assistance on this. Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The best id to try 8.6(2). And no, the CIPC won't automatically upgrade, as far as I know.

--

Jorge Armijo

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.