Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO IP Communicator - RTP Session

April Molina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I posted awhile about my concerns in the CISCO IP Communicator. I managed to install the IP Communicator in my officemate's laptop, but whenever I call the CISCO 7945 using the ip communicator, my voice could be heard by the person that I'm calling but I couldn't heard the other end of the line. I was told before here in this forum that an RTP Session is required in each direction between these devices. I would like to know the ff.

How can I use the RTP session? I saw it our CISCO 7945 handsets that in the Settings >> Device Configuration >> Network Configuration >> RTP Control Protocol is Disabled. Should I have it enabled? Is this done in the CISCO Call Manager?

We are planning to use VPN on the laptops to call our office using the ip communicator whenever we are on travel and since I am experiencing problems in our ip communicator installation, we can't use this at the moment

Kindly assist me on this. Thanks

1 Reply 1

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

April,

Yes you will need to allow the RTP between laptops and phones on your network

The ports numbers are:-

UDP 16382 -- 32767

Your issue sounds like you may have an IP route missing from your voice vlan back to to data vlan where your laptop is connecting

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.