Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 8861 showing missed calls for bridge lines

kenyon.bunker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,
My team is having an issue with the 8861's showing missed calls on our Helpdesk bridge line even though it is answer by someone on the line. When a call comes in on the helpdesk and someone answers, it shows as a missed call for everyone on an 8861 but not on older models. I've compared the settings in call manager to ones that work and I don't see any differences. How do I set up our 8861's don't show a missed call ont he helpdesk line if it is answered by someone else on the 8861same bridgeline?

3 Replies 3

At the Device level, there is a setting for "Record Call Log from Shared Line" (which is disabled by default) that will either include or exclude all calls to a shared line from appearing in the call history.

At the Line Appearance level (the specific line appearance on each device on which it appears) for "Log Missed Calls". Unchecking this on the shared line appearance on each of the devices would exclude missed calls from the call history for that line. But that is also all-or-nothing.

May I ask what model phone with what firmware on what version of CUCM are these phones (the 'old' and the 'new'). I do know some enhancements were made to the call history in CUCM 12.5(3) for instance.

Also, I do know that calls to a broadcast hunt group (rather than a shared line appearance) show a call picked up by one member as a 'received call' for the other members.

I'll give some thought to why this might be happening.

Maren

Thanks for the reply.
The phones that work as intended are 8841 and 7965. Both of these models don't show a missed call if another person picks up the call. But our 8861 are the ones with the issue. The only thing under phone information that might be firmware is Active Load, that is sip88xx.12-5-1SR3-74. The CUCM version is 12.5.1.11900-146.

kenyon.bunker
Level 1
Level 1

@Maren Mahoney 
Hi Maren. I was wondering if you had time to think about what else might be causing this? P.S. Thank you some much for your efforts!