Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 8945 Bricked?

coshiro1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco 8945 phone that I tried to update the firmware on from some SCCP firmware to the latest SIP firmware. At some point in the upgrade process it restarted, but after its restart it has never been able to fully boot up normally since. When you first plug in the ethernet cable, it shows the white Cisco screen, and the lights on the buttons on the left side slowly turn green one by one, until the very last button. After a bit, the screen goes blank and the first three buttons are green but the last fourth button stays orange. Have I bricked the phone somehow? How do I fix this? I've already tried the 123456789*0# reset to no avail. Hopefully my description made sense but if you want clarification please tell me.

TIA

1 Reply 1

Upgrade any Cisco Phone FIrmware without Cisco Communications Manager (CUCM). Use your own TFTP server to update Cisco Phone Firmware Here is a link to the XMLDefault.cnf.xml Download this, edit the file for the phone firmware you are using and make sure it is placed in the root tftp directory ...