Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone Loads 7960 and 7940

brmmt1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am currently working with an old Call Manager version 4.2.  Currently moving all sites from Call Manager Express to a Central Call Manager (4.2) with a view to upgrade to the latest version possibly end of this year, beginning of next.

I have a question regarding phone loads.  Currently our default phone load is P00308000900, i believe 8.0.9?  I have come across a site that is running an older firmware version P00307020200.  I can't get this site to upgrade to our default phone load.  I presume because the firmware is too old to upgrade in a single step.  At least the phones are working which is a blessing, but I would really like to get all phones to our default one so I know all phones will upgrade in the future.  I have scoured the internet for most of the morning reading Release Notes and Readme documentation for the various firmware on the Cisco website but none of them tell me which versions can upgrade to what and which versions I would need to upgrade to to acheive the end result.

Can anyone provide me with any useful pointers?  I know I am also going to have to upgrade again from 8.0.9 so that I can upgrade Call Manager in the future, so any matrix that people have access to would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help, its all appreciated.

2 Replies 2

brmmt1
Level 1
Level 1

I've worked it out, looks like I can upgrade to 8.0.4 first then upgrade to 8.0.9.

Thanks

Please review below link which will give you more information about firmware upgrade matrix:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7960g_7940g/mgcp/firmware/matrix/frmwrup.html#wp1053736