cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone Security Profile Bulk Update

CHARLES HEUPEL
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running CUCM 6.1 and trying to update several phones security profile using the Bulk admin tool but it doesn't seem to be working.  I select the check box and change the profile then click the submit button.  The job says it completed with no errors and the phone resets but the security profile does not change.  By the way, I'm try to change the profile from non-secure to secure.  I have installed new LSC certificates on CUCM and need to install them on the phones.  I was hoping to accomplish this with the Bulk Admin tool but it doesn't seem to be working.  Any help is greatly appreciated as we have about 500 phones that need updating and I certainly don't want to change them one by one.....models are 7965, 70, 75.

2 Replies 2

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do you mean you installed LSC certificates on CUCM, because that isn't possible.  What you could have done is run the CTL client using the security tokens to get a CTL file on your CUCM.  The CTL file contains the CAPF certificate which the phones download (or try to) when they boot up.  Having a CTL on the phone allows the phone to secure the CAPF connection to then download it's LSC.  Do your phones have an LSC currently?  Are they not registering when they have a secure profile set on them, or are you seeing that the device security profile on the device configuration page simply isn't changing (not updating in the database)? 

If the problem is that the CCMAdmin webpage isn't showing the correct profile, check replication and/or the BAT logs to see what the job is or isn't doing.