cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Telephone Background (Multiple Display) Images - Kiosk Style

PETER NEBLETT
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for a method or some type of XML configuration that will enable the Cisco IP Telephones to automatically display multiple images while the telephone is not in use…. Something like the screen saver on a personal computer or Kiosk.

I’ve seen this done at other organizations so I know it can be done… but how is it done?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Probably thru the use of a script via the idle url, however, that does come at a cost, as every time you want to swap the images, you'll need to place a request for them to the TFTP server, depending on how many phones you want to do this, this could cause high CPU issues and devices not being able to dowload other TFTP files (configuration files) when needed because all TFTP sessions are occupied for backgrounds. I'd stay away from that, and settle for one background.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Chris Lee
Level 1
Level 1

I think what you're looking for is by Nevotek. 3d party app that does what you're asking. http://www.nevotek.com/

Trisha Vasquez
Level 1
Level 1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: