Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber won't stream video after Camera shutter is opened

Yarin Ezra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

I'm experiencing a problem with Cisco Jabber.

I have a Cisco Desk Camera 1080p with a manual shutter that shuts the video stream when closed.

When starting a Video Call via Jabber while the shutter is closed, of course no video stream allowed so it is just a voice call, In the same call if i open the camera shutter to stream the video again it would not change the call to Video and voice it would just stay as a voice call.

The only way to change it to the Same on going call is to refresh it is to put the call on hold and unhold...

When using Skype it works perfectly fine either calling with or without the shutter closed...

Any suggestions on what the do or which logs should i check?

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the state of the start/stop video button in the call window after you open the shutter? Does it say “stop video” indicating that video SDP capabilities were negotiated at the beginning of the call? If not, what happens when you press “start video”?

I'll check the state of the button with my customer once he answers, anyways, supposed the call is being negotiated as Voice only which is 90% the case since this camera has the ability to stop video streaming with the shutter being closed, after the shutter is opened the call shouldn't update the SDP with the Video Capabilities with the newest SIP update ?