Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO phone 8851 & 8841 3PCC version

Aloalo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys 

I've 3CX PBX system and i want to buy CP 8851 & 8841 3PCC model which is compatible with my third party communication system (3CX).

My question is 3PCC model come with Multiplatform firmware version as standard or I have to  buy the firmware separately.

Please your advise on this regards because my supplier  is claiming that I should buy multiplatform firmware separately.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

3PCC/MPP variant comes from factory with the 3PCC/MPP FW, if you buy those from the gray market they could be loaded with enterprise FW as there is a procedure to migrate 3PCC/MPP to enterprise and viceversa.

You do not have to buy any FW, the phone comes pre-loaded with either enterprise or 3PCC/MPP depending on what you buy, again, assuming it's brand new.

If you want to migrate as I mentioned above, what you need to buy is a migration license.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you Valencia for your reply....

Assume that the items are from grey market and the supplier confirmed these items come with multiplatform firmware version... if not do you think the migration procedure will be easy while I have 3CX communication system ?

Read all details for migration and PNs to buy here: https://upgrade.cisco.com/

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Valencia 

Thank you for your proposed solution could you please assist me regarding the upgrade procedure for my CP-8851 & CP-8841 to Multiplatform firmware version MPP.

Except the license I need for each phone do I need smart net account as well ? if yes how to get it. 

One other thing is the migration procedure for Cisco phones will be same as Cisco while we are using 3CX? 

Thanks in advance for your support.

I purchased the license from my partner and I'm trying to upgrade using TFTP and following the below steps

-I have changed the required title in the XMLDefault.cnf  to the same Sip tile of the license then save.

-The phone is plugged in to the router and connected to my laptop as well

Phone information display on the phone say "upgrade failed"  (see attached screenshot)

any idea??

See attached screenshots for Active load- inactive load and the other information that shows on the status and the TFTP log view.